Friday, September 14, 2007

Will upload more pictures later











September 13th, 2007
What a full day. We packed ourselves into a couple cars and drove around trying to find something to do. We ended up in the countryside visiting a friend who has a lot of farm land. Suf and I drove around in between the crops in a little tractor buggy. I had the wind in my face and the bugs flying past me, I watched eucalyptus groves and held onto the roll-cage when we flew over bumps in the dirt road. Hof got his car stuck in the mud- which gave us a couple hours of free entertainment. Trucks couldn’t come through the mud so we brought a little tractor to pull him out. We put our feet in the mud and made the best of the moment – it actually reminded me a lot of home. We ate honeycomb from a local beekeeper – which I think must be a natural anti-depressant (Not that I’m depressed or anythingJ).
I’ve been doing a lot of sitting and enjoying the air. Ofra gave me a canvas and some acrylic paints and I started to make a painting of a girl looking out at the sea. When we go out to do something, it is almost always never planned – at 9:00 us kids got a call from mom & dad that there’s a campfire down at the beach. So we hopped in the car and went to the campfire. It was beautiful to be at the warm sea, looking up at the stars and just being with each other. We threw potatoes wrapped in tin foil into the fire and ate the blackened jewels, singing songs of Rosh Hashanah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you've found a home away from home...I couldn't be happier. Miss you like crazy.
Love Mom