Monday, June 30, 2008

Square Foot Gardening





I came to the community garden on Sunday and found the most incredible surprise. There, for me on my little plot of land was a special frame with partitions created just for me and my square foot garden! I would like to thank Chris and Jonathan for all of the work that you put into it, it truly makes me happy.
I filled the frame with my special soil mix and planted in each square foot - what did I plant?
Ichiban Eggplant
Japanese Cucumber
Sugar Snap Peas
Green Bell pepper
heirloom cherry tomato
heirloom carrots
Basil
Strawberries
Japanese Baby Corn
Bok Choy
Chinese Lantern
Sweet Peas
Vanilla sunflowers
WHite cosmos
Romain Lettuce

We will see what comes about, but it's official, my garden has begun! It feels extremely good to turn the mind off and play in the dirt, helping little seeds grow.

No comments: