Monday, June 18, 2012


I worked at the fish restaurant today, we were a little behind in schedule and when that happens it feels kind of stressful.  There's so much to prepare before the lunch hour.  Then I was told "come up with a special for lunch today - we need to use up Rock fish, Shrimp and rice noodles today"  - in my mind i heard "UHHHHHHHH" for about 10 seconds.  But at the last moment I figure out to make a personal sized vietnamese Pho soup using the fishes in a fish stock (that we make daily) plus veggies, napa cabbage, chilis, fish sauce, rice noodles, cilantro and raddish.  I got to make it for a customer and they said "it was very good".. Which I hope means It was very good haha.  That was a new experience for me and my boss was really supportive in helping me come up with my own ideas.  He doesn't like to tell me what to do, but he'll help me think - which I really appreciate.

No comments: